As we head into the holiday season, the global yacht marketing team at Relevance would like to wish our specialists, our clients and all our friends in the yachting industry a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Our teams in Monaco, London and Fort Lauderdale continue to offer the highest quality full-service yacht marketing services to established yacht brokerages, shipyards, charter houses and suppliers to the superyacht industry.
“With over 15 years of experience in the yachting industry, we remain one of the leaders in superyacht marketing and continue unrelentingly to connect with professionals in yachting to keep learning so we can do our job better,” Rumble Romagnoli, CEO and Founder of Relevance, says.
“Our 15 years of know-how and data is not enough! We need to meet with owners, owner’s reps, charterers, captains, crew, and clients and interview them to understand the industry better – how they search online, what publications they use, if they use social media, and what content they consume. This year, we met over 250 unique yachting professionals. When we blend this direct access to decision-makers in the industry, 15 years of data and know-how and layer in our digital specialisation, the results become part of the status quo at Relevance.”
Top 15 Yacht Marketing Agency Highlights from Relevance in 2023
Here are the top 15 yacht marketing initiatives that made us proud in 2023:
Relevance has established our offices and yacht marketing presence in Fort Lauderdale, the capital of the yachting industry in the US, allowing our digital marketing experts to be in the same time zone as our US clients, and have prospecting meetings in the US face-to-face.
“The US is the principal market in the yachting industry, and as the key yacht marketing agency Relevance is very happy to have established our position in Fort Lauderdale close to our clients and prospects,” Rumble explains.
- The Relevance creatives worked closely with the leadership team at Kensington Yachts to reposition the charter brokerage house as a global yacht travel experience company, redefining their USPs to clearly differentiate their elevated service.
“One of our most inspiring projects this year was working with Kensington Yachts, who are elevating charter services and taking clients further with their new concept ‘onboard & beyond,” Frances Martin-Isaacs, Creative Director, says.
“Working with Relevance has been probably the best experience that we’ve had in launching our yachts division with Kensington. The process was seamless and on time. I also loved the expertise and I am very happy with the final product. Cannot thank the whole team and Frances, as part of Relevance, who really understands the market, really understands the clientele and brought to life what we had in mind. She brought everybody together and really made a beautiful vision come to life.” Edita Sgovio, VP, Yachts and Villas, Kensington Yachts
- Relevance started a major SEO collaboration with one of the largest global superyacht brokerages in the world, Northrop & Johnson, and has provided unprecedented SEO results in the first year, overtaking major competitors in multiple categories including yacht charter in the French Riviera and the Med.
- “Working with the Relevance team is a pleasure, a partnership fueled by true expertise. Their yachting know-how adds a layer of precision to our digital strategy, steering our online journey with utmost professionalism and delivering tangible results.” Severine Charlet, Global Marketing Director, Northrop & Johnson
- We were delighted to continue collaborating with the International Yacht Brokers Association, which brings together the best organisations in the yachting world. The IYBA has over 1,900 members, providing members with access to informative seminars, professional development, and networking events at yacht shows.
- Relevance was chosen to launch the most talked about yacht of the Monaco Yacht Show: THIS IS IT. For THIS IS IT, we started by designing and building a website with carefully crafted copy utilising select keywords and we created and implemented a social media strategy to launch the luxury catamaran at the Monaco Yacht Show 2023. Relevance Yacht’s PR director Muriel Penoty, also organised a highly successful press conference aboard this stunning catamaran. The press conference included prominent yacht journalists and several luxury lifestyle influencers. The result was over 25 articles in leading publications, including Superyacht Times, BOAT International, Upscale Living, and Yachts by Neptune.
- Relevance has been selected by Hill Robinson, the leading global yacht management company, to work on lead generation targeting UHNWIs and full-service digital services. Our contract includes the promotion of Moravia Yachting, the yacht brokerage in Monaco. The Relevance team is working with Hill Robinson’s design and development team with the planning of their new yachting websites.
- Yacht marketing industry specialist Maximillienne joins the Relevance team as a senior account manager, bringing over seven years of experience in the yachting industry, including expert knowledge of social media for luxury yacht brands. Justine – joins Relevance as an accounting assistant, bringing over five years of accounts experience, including in the luxury and hospitality industry. Justine will act as a central point of contact for clients for billing and invoicing.
- In our ongoing commitment to invest in future talent, we welcomed several new juniors from the International University of Monaco: Manisha, Tanisha, Vanessa, Liann, Elisabetta, and Shrishti. Many of our past juniors have forged successful careers within the yachting industry, including holding management and senior management positions at Relevance Yacht or our sister company Relevance.
- Our yachting PR team successfully worked on the pre-sale PR of superyacht AHPO with Moran, the biggest brokerage yacht sale and therefore most expensive yacht sold in 2023 for 362 million dollars. Our digital performance team also work with the Moran marketing team on this project and others for SEO and advertising to UHNWIs. Thank you to Chris at Moran, who has personally welcomed us onboard many of the largest yachts in the world.
- The Relevance team were present at four yacht shows this year: Miami, Cannes, Monaco and Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show to meet clients and prospects. Relevance helped N&J organise their crew and owner’s event, providing entertainment and photography services. Our content teams interviewed owners, owner reps, captains, and crew for Quantum with state-of-the-art video equipment. We launched THIS IS IT on social and with PR. Our team met 12 clients and spoke to 51 prospects at the Monaco Yacht Show alone.
- Relevance hosted our yearly press trip at the Monaco Yacht Show 2023, hosting Superyacht Times, Charter World, Boat International, Asia Pacific Boating, Upscale Living Magazine, Robb Report, Monaco News and many select journalists aboard THIS IS IT. Our PR team has one of the leading PR lists for yachting, lifestyle, and UHNWI publications.
- The Relevance yachting specialist copywriters produced hundreds of pieces of quality content, including editorial articles, blog posts, landing pages, website pages, newsletters, social media posts, video scripts, and press releases. They also worked to improve hundreds of website pages, be it cleaning up existing content to enhance readability or optimising for search engines. The Mediterranean Yacht Charter page for Ocean Independence has been spectacularly successful.
- This year Relevance started a partnership with a Metaverse quality virtual filming company and can now offer 360-degree videography for brokerages to show off all aspects of their yachts and marinas in HD quality.
- Relevance created a collaboration force with Onboard Online and Superyacht Stories, which allows us to provide deep industry-wide digital PR and social media reach. We also have strengthened partnerships with IYBA, Charter Index and YATCO.
- Relevance was present at the Monaco GP and helped the social team at N&J filming reels at the Monaco Grand Prix with our social reels and TikTok team. Relevance now has multi-streaming vlogging and podcasting capabilities.
Best New Clients for yacht marketing agency
We were thrilled to welcome eight new clients to the Relevance family.
- Sialia Yachts – an electric yacht provider.
- Ahoy Club – a specialist superyacht sales and charter brokerage.
- Kensington Yachts – a boutique yacht charter holiday company specialising in creating highly tailored travel experiences.
- Hill Robinson – pioneers in yacht management and superyacht support.
- Moravia Yachting – a leading full-service yacht brokerage with over 60 years of industry expertise.
- THIS IS IT – a luxury catamaran built by Tecnomar, part of the Italian Sea Group.
- GMC Yachting – a yacht management agency based in Spain and the Balearic Islands.
- Virgin Charter Yachts – a yacht charter agency specialising in bareboat, catamaran, and luxury yacht rentals.
The Relevance Yacht website
This year, we continued to improve our website, adding new expertise pages to demonstrate the core sectors of the yacht industry we work with. These include yacht brokerages, charter agencies, shipyards, and crew agencies.
The Relevance Yacht blog and social media
Our yacht marketing specialists continue to keep our readers and clients updated on the latest industry trends and news shaping the yacht marketing industry on the Relevance Yacht blog.
Some of our most popular articles in 2023 include:
- The top yacht shows 2023
- The world’s best 50 yacht brokers
- 15 of the world’s most unique yachts
- The top 10 yachting Instagram pages to follow
- The world’s most expensive yachts for charter
Our in-house social media team kept busy in 2023, keeping our followers updated on our social media channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Our top social posts/reels for 2023 were:
2. Pre-MYS Reel
Work with the best yacht marketing agency in 2024
We are always excited to explore new projects and collaborate with exciting yacht brands, from niche start-ups to global powerhouses. As a full-service creative and digital yacht marketing agency, we excel at crafting incredible campaigns that deliver measurable results. Discover how we can help boost your sales and engagement in 2024. Contact us to learn more.